I have been tagged for a meme by the Kitchen Queen – Anu……thanks so much…..this is a long one and you’ll really need the patience of an angel to get through this. So here they are 7 random facts about me…..they’re all descriptions actually
- i got my pet name Anu because my older than me by 45 days cousin who began speaking before me couldn’t say ‘ra’, so she said “anu” instead of “aru” and the name stuck on and thats how i am known to most people. a lot of surprised / shocked expressions read the ‘real name’ printed on my wedding invitation!!
- i reconciled my psychology degree with my management post graduation by becoming a behavioural trainer. i love the training room and it gives me a high like no other. when i quit, it sent shock waves through the orgn and i felt super about being so valued professionally. but i couldn’t take the pseudo corporate BS anymore, cant work a 9-7 and wont be able to fulfill my dream of owning a coffee plantation and a restaurant and retiring before i am 40 if i die at work. i now am a training consultant and writer and the kicks are fantastic!!
- i’ve known my husband of 3 yrs for the last 11 yrs. we met at a good for nothing computer class and were ‘good friends’ for 5 yrs. neither proposed, we just knew we wanted to be together.
- we wanted to elope, but our families reconciled and spoilt it for us!! we had one of the most unconventional weddings. the symbolic tying of thali happened with 20 people in the apartment we were to live in post marriage, we waited for the registrars office to open an hour later for the civil ceremony ( i married an atheist), had lunch at a hotel and went to our respective homes with family. the next day till 5 pm the both of us supervised everything at the venue for the reception, rushed home, got dressed and stood for 4 long hours smiling at everyone despite very painful high heels at a fabulous and huge reception for 500 people, bid everyone goodbye, chucked the heels, counted out the crockery, cutlery, etc, made payments and left at 1.00 a.m. the 12 day honeymoon we went on the next day was the only thing we really enjoyed in this whole jamboree!!
- i love dogs and cats, have owned three of each at one time and its a myth that they dont get along. its for the first time in my life that i don’t have a pet now cos i live in an apartment.
- i love to shop, am a keen observer and can imitate well. am also very animated when i speak. my lola kutty, Hema Malini, Rakhee and a few real people i know acts are big hits. but i am painfully shy and have to be very high or in the company of my closest friends to do this.
- people i barely know who ask me questions such as “why did you quit working/ what do you do the ‘whole’ day at home / when are you giving us ‘good news’?” are all answered with a “how is this any of your business” from me, said with a straight face. i loved to see them squirm, feel stupid and embarrassed and try to pass it off as a joke because thats the last thing on earth they expected me to say to them!!