i thought i would post a recipe too….but this is already longer than i thought it would be….so if you have come here hoping for a recipe…then you’re going to be disappointed….turn back now….else dont say i didnt warn you……
is passionate about everything allright!! She’s driven me up the wall and then down it….she makes me want to gasp at her creations and turn totally green(the envious kind) at her spirit, her talent and her obvious passion for all things that she does……well in the last couple of days she’s bestowed on me a very high honour…. No I am not sucking up!! Infact I wonder if she thinks I am sometimes…the way my comments and emails are written….hop over to her place and you will know what I am talking about…..thanks Deeba….i felt on top of the world that I figured on your radar!!
“This award will be awarded to those that are just nice people , good blog friends and those that inspire good feelings and inspiration! Those that care about others that are there to lend support or those that are just a positive influence in our blogging world!” –This is the philosophy behind the Nice matters award that was started by this enchantress-Genevieve Olsen, mother of two little girls, who loves all things vintage….go over to her site to see what I mean….
I am giving this to these people who are not only very talented, but truly deserving….
Raaga of the singing chef – we not only share the same name (spelt differently though), but we have such eerily common interests and facts about us that I wonder if we were lost in a mela….this is one feisty young lady
Srivalli of Cooking4allseasons – for her patience with me all those months that I dodged Arusuvai!! She has to be truly nice to have been that way!!
Nupur of One hot stove – one of the first blogs I stumbled upon…and it has continued to be one of my favourite places to hang out….Nupur will charm you with her heart and show you that it isn’t difficult to walk the talk….she’s so focused on living a simple, wholesome and clutter free life that is meaningful and no less fun that it inspires me each time I have an attack of “consumerism”
Coffee of the spice cafe – for her style….that she takes fabulous pictures is such a huge bonus….i’ve been coming back for more and I am not even a coffee drinker!!
The couple at white on rice couple – theirs was a recent discovery…but boy am I hooked!! Their free spiritedness and ‘totally hung up on each other’ ness comes through in a witty, kick ass style…
Vaishali of Earthvegan – for believing in what she does and making such sweeping changes for her beliefs…wow!! She also has three cute dogs and two lovely cats that she’s mom too…totally my kind of girl…she’s been given this award by someone else…but I had to give it to her again
Nandita of the saffron trail – again one of the first blogs that I was inspired by to start my own….her tips on health and nutrition are an added bonus….but she really is someone who savours each moment…that’s what I like….
Deeba then goes and tags me for what she calls a weird meme…..well…sort of to balance it out eh?? No pleasure without pain types?? Ok so here goes…. The rules first
The rules for the meme are:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 Weird facts about myself…(what?? Just 7??)
- I have been drawing floor plans and planning re-arranging of furniture since I was a kid…anyone’s house, any hotel, anywhere will do….
- I have to write down to –do’s….i have them as reminders on my phone, on the computer and compulsorily write them down in my notebook…(I do get them all done though!!)
- I made friends with the people I am closest to after we parted school, college or the workplace where we first met….all my friends….they were mere acquaintances when we studied or worked together and weirdly we always ‘discovered’ each other after we parted….
- I drive K up the wall…(but naturally!!) …when I have an important meeting, discussion, confrontation…I will analyse the situation with him….tell him what I am going to do…what I will speak…..and exactly 5 minutes before it happens I panic, call him and ask him “what was I going to say?? I cant remember why I am here!!” it happens every time….without fail…it also as you can now see why drives him mad….thank god for phones!!
- I can cry watching anything sentimental / emotional….even if it is obviously and painfully ….anything… crappy movie, badly made, terribly acted…even ramsay brothers….sometimes I don’t even realize why …. But I cry….tears just flow down my eyes…and I now no longer pretend that it doesn’t happen!! Hell!! I even cried at the final episode of friends!!
- I can never read one book / article / magazine completely at a time…. As soon as I lay hands on it…I will go back and forth….sort of checking if its all there…then read a little…flip over….read something else…come back…and repeat….you should watch me skimming the newspapers every morning
- I didn’t drink tea or coffee or even milk till 2 years ago…..then I got addicted to tea….i would have about 1 and ½ litres of it through the day!! No kidding…I’d also brush my teeth about 4 times to get rid of chai breath…. Now I am down to 2 cups a day!! Praise God!!
Am tagging all the bloggers I passed on the Nice matters award to for this meme….but no sweat….do it only if you want to……