Ever since I discovered Panna Cotta, I don’t miss any opportunity to make it or eat it when we dine at a restaurant that offers it. I tried this one with coconut milk in addition to regular cream and the subtle taste just blew me away. Try this if you are fond of sublime desserts.
I made this with a Raspberry Sauce a few months ago and used White chocolate in that too. I like the body and sweetness that white chocolate gives the panna cotta.
Coconut Pannacotta (makes 4 servings)
Coconut milk – 1 carton, 200 ml
Fresh cream – 1 carton, 200 ml (like amul fresh cream)
Grated dry coconut – 3-4 tablespoons
Chopped white chocolate – 150 grams
Agar agar (china grass crystals) vanilla flavoured – 2 tablespoons
- In a saucepan, add the cream, coconut milk and chopped chocolate and heat gently on a low flame, bring it to a gentle boil, stirring continuously to help the chopped pieces of chocolate melt.
- Add the powdered agar agar to the heated mixture and stir till it has melted into the cream mixture and is thoroughly combined.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
- The mixture will begin to start getting thicker, mix it a couple of times to prevent a skin from forming.
- Pour this in small glass serving bowls. Cool completely and cover each one with cling film. Chill it in the fridge for a minimum of 4-5 hours or overnight.
- This stays in the fridge for a few days, so is a good make ahead dessert.
- To serve, toast the grated coconut in a hot pan till golden brown. Sprinkle over the chilled pannacotta and serve immediately